How to Apply for Veteran Benefits
- Apply for admission to Western. Once accepted, please review the Admitted Student Checklist and apply for financial aid.
- Apply for VA Educational Benefits to determine what benefits you are eligible for.
- If you used your VA educational benefits at any other institution, complete a Change of Program or Place of Training Form 22-1995 and submit it to the VA. Western’s VA Certifying Official will also need a copy for your file.
- Gather the required chapter-specific forms.
- Contact Western’s VA Certifying Official directly.
- Please contact Carrie Reinecke, Western’s VA Certifying Official, at 970.943.2048 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inform her that you have been admitted and when you plan to attend.
- Ensure that you have completed and sent in all the necessary paperwork.
All Veterans and Dependents
Students wishing to draw VA benefits must submit the Western Request for VA Benefits form each semester.
Carrie Reinecke, VA Certifying Official
Taylor Hall 300C
1 Western Way
Gunnison, CO 81231
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Take the Next Step
Apply to Western
We understand that applying to a university can be daunting, which is why we make our admission process as simple and straightforward as possible. Learn more about applying to your program of choice at Western.
The best way to find out what makes Western such a special place is to experience it for yourself. Our student-led tours give you an insider’s perspective on everything from academics to student life.
We keep the Mountaineer spirit going strong within our alumni community. Whether getting together with friends at an annual event, making a donation or mentoring a student, graduates continue to play an important role in the Western community.