Veteran Educational Benefits

How to Apply for Veteran Benefits

How to Apply for Veteran Benefits

New Students

  1. Apply for admission to Western. Once accepted, apply for financial aid.
  2. Apply for VA Educational Benefits to determine what benefits you are eligible for.
    • If you used your VA educational benefits at any other institution, complete a Change of Program or Place of Training Form 22-1995 and submit it to the VA. Western’s VA Certifying Official will also need a copy for your file.
    • Gather the required chapter-specific forms.
  3. Contact Western’s VA Certifying Official directly.
    • Please contact Carrie Reinecke, Western’s VA Certifying Official at 970.943.2048 or and inform her that you are an accepted student and when you plan on attending.
    • Ensure that you have completed and sent in all the necessary paperwork.

All Veterans and Dependents

Students wishing to draw VA benefits must submit the Western Request for VA Benefits form each semester.

Contact us:

Carrie Reinecke, VA Certifying Official
Phone: 970.943.2048
Taylor Hall 300C
1 Western Way
Gunnison, CO 81231
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.