Discover Western’s School of Graduate Studies
Western’s School of Graduate Studies offers ten degree programs and 23 specialized degree concentrations. Serving over 400 graduate students, these programs bring together distinguished professors and practitioners in a supportive academic environment dedicated to excellence.
If you have questions about graduate studies at Western, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use our inquiry form to introduce yourself.
Applications for 2023 are open!
All applications are now being reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage you to start your application as soon as possible!
All graduate application fees for 2023 will be waived during the following dates:
Free Application Month: October 15-November 13, 2022Apply
Prepare and Apply
Graduate admission decisions at Western are made by program faculty. Application deadlines and requirements vary by department and degree program. Refer to individual program pages for details.
- Prospective applicants should explore our programs prior to starting an application. Admission requirements and deadlines vary by program.
- Gather email addresses and full names of two to three recommenders prior to submitting the application online. Letters of recommendation are submitted using our electronic recommendation service.
- Take required standardized tests early to ensure that official scores arrive by the application deadline.
- Be sure that your full name, as given on your application, appears on all documents submitted on your behalf (e.g., GRE scores, transcript, letters of recommendation). Please call our attention to variations of your name that might appear on submitted materials.
- The application fee is non-refundable. To request an application fee waiver, email email@example.com. Attach documentation that substantiates your financial hardship. Acceptable forms of documentation are: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), a letter from a college/university financial aid office, receipt of GRE fee waiver, unemployment verification or other forms that provide significant documentation of financial hardship. Do not send copies of your tax returns.
Check Your Application Status
After your application is submitted, you will be able to log in to the admissions portal to check on the status of recommendations and other requirements. If a recommender is having problems with the electronic recommendation submission system, they may send their letter of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Readmission
If you discontinued study prior to completing a Western graduate degree program and wish to reenroll, send an email to the School of Graduate Studies at email@example.com.
Take the Next Step
Apply to Western
We understand that applying to a university can be daunting, which is why we make our admission process as simple and straightforward as possible. Learn more about applying to your program of choice at Western.
The best way to find out what makes Western such a special place is to experience it for yourself. Our student-led tours give you an insider’s perspective on everything from academics to student life.
We keep the Mountaineer spirit going strong within our alumni community. Whether getting together with friends at an annual event, making a donation or mentoring a student, graduates continue to play an important role in the Western community.
Want to discover more about Western? Request information today to get in touch with the admissions team.