Future Career Options for ROE Majors
So, What’s Next?
A question sometimes asked by students and parents is, “What career options are available for Recreation & Outdoor Education graduates?” Well, it’s a much longer answer than you might expect! In the words of Professor Ebbott, “How about anywhere?”
- How about starting a successful ski and board shop slopeslide in Mt. Crested Butte?
- How about working in Wilderness Therapy in Durango?
- How about being a Sea Kayak guide in Maine? Or the Olympic peninsula in Washington? Or Norway?
- How about Eco-tourism in South Africa?
- Or a backcountry tour guide in Patagonia?
- How about creating distance running events in Southern California?
- Or working for the national park service in Capitol Reef, Utah? Or Glacier in Montana? Or Yosemite?
- How about working at a five star resort in Aspen? Or the Philippines?
- How about teaching Outdoor Education to school groups in northern Minnesota?
- How about working with youth groups in the Everglades, Fla.?
- Or leading courses for Outward Bound? Or the National Outdoor Leadership School?
- Or staying in Gunnison as the Campus Recreation Coordinator?
The following are just a small handful of places our graduates have moved on to enjoy wonderful careers:
Adaptive Sports Center
Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center
Cold Smoke Split Board
Finca Bellavista Costa Rica
Fish Blue Mesa
Foot Print Adventures
Gene Taylors Sporting Goods
Gunnison Country Partners
Gunnison River Fly Shop
The Jay Cloud
North Shore Goose
Scenic River Tours
Sport Fish Colorado
Three Rivers Resort