MEM Program Prerequisites
- All three tracks (Global Sustainability, Integrative and Public Land Management and Sustainable and Resilient Communities) requires a B.A. or B.S. degree and the following prerequisites which must be completed no later than the end of the first fall term:
- College-level statistics course
- Two, college-level, natural or environmental science courses (Biol, Geol, Envs, Phys, Chem, Sci), at least one of which included a lab or field component
- Two, college-level, social science courses
- Additional Integrative and Public Land Management track recommended prerequisites:
- One upper-level Ecology course
- One GIS course
- Additional Sustainable Resilient Communities track recommended prerequisites:
- One course in Economics (Micro or Macro preferred)
- Financial Accounting
*Please note that strong applicants missing prerequisites may be provisionally admitted with some prerequisites, such as statistics, being able to be completed for free online prior to beginning the program or by the end of the first fall term. Please also note the 3+2 pathways available to Western undergrads.
Take the Next Step
Apply to Western
We understand that applying to a university can be daunting, which is why we make our admission process as simple and straightforward as possible. Learn more about applying to your program of choice at Western.
The best way to find out what makes Western such a special place is to experience it for yourself. Our student-led tours give you an insider’s perspective on everything from academics to student life.
We keep the Mountaineer spirit going strong within our alumni community. Whether getting together with friends at an annual event, making a donation or mentoring a student, graduates continue to play an important role in the Western community.