Apply to MEMApply Now
- MEM program
- February 1: Applications due (late applications considered until May 1)
- Program begins June 1
- The first course is online and accessible from anywhere in the world
- Residential and Distance Options
*GRE is NOT required for our program.
*We accept students with a bachelor’s in any academic program.
- We are looking for candidates who balance academic excellence with leadership experience. Find out more information on the MEM program prerequisites.
Our program starts every summer at the distance and students have the option of being residential or to participate at the distance for the next two years.
- If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Program Facilitator, firstname.lastname@example.org / 970.943.2248.
- International students please visit our International Graduate Students page for what additional documents are needed.
- Admissions packages must include the following items, which can be uploaded when you start the application process by clicking on the “Apply Now to MEM” button.
- Official academic transcripts showing a recommended 3.0 undergraduate GPA or above in relevant courses. To avoid delay please request an official copy from your previous college or university to be sent directly to Western’s Graduate Studies. You can also request them from Student Clearing House. For International Students transcripts please visit our International Graduate Students page.
- A one-page Statement of Purpose describing the student’s intellectual and professional interests in environmental management and potential idea for a master’s project, submitted in the online admissions application.
- Answer four short essay questions within the application.
- A one-page document outlining environmental employment, leadership and volunteer experience, submitted in the online admissions application. Can be a CV or resume.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or supervisors in related fields, which will be submitted by the recommenders via the online admissions application.
- If applying for the distance exception, please also upload a one-page essay describing environmental leadership opportunities to be used as your home base for the MEM Be sure to detail:
- how the opportunity enhances the MEM experience; and
- how it would contribute to the residential program.
Email transcripts to email@example.com.
Hard copies should be sent to:
Western Colorado University
Graduate Studies Office, 118 Crawford Hall
1 Western Way
Gunnison, CO 81231