Admitted Transfer Checklist
Admitted Transfer Students for the spring and fall of 2020, please go through the following checklist as you prepare to come to Western.
- Set up your MyWestern account. MyWestern is where you view financial aid information, DegreeWorks, class registration dates and much more.
- After MyWestern activation, another email will arrive with instructions on setting up your western.edu email address. Your western.edu email is what you should use for official University communication.
Join the Mountaineer Nation 2024 Facebook group to connect with your classmates and gain tips on transitioning to college life. Our new page will be live in October!
- Transfer credit evaluations take place up to three weeks after you’re accepted. You’ll receive an email notifying you that your evaluation has been completed and is now posted to your DegreeWorks profile.
- For questions on the Transfer Credit Evaluation process, contact the Registrar’s Office at 970.943.7003 or email@example.com.
Fall 2020 Admits: Beginning October 1, 2019, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Western’s school code is 001372.
- Priority deadline for the 2020-2021 academic year is March 1, 2020
Spring 2020 Admits: Beginning October 1, 2019, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Western’s school code is 001372.
- Priority deadline for the 2019-2020 academic year was March 1, 2019
Check the status of your financial aid and scholarships and accept/modify/decline student loans through your MyWestern account. Financial Aid awards will be available beginning:
- Fall 2020 Admits: Mid-March 2020
- Spring 2020 Admits: Mid-December 2019
Visit Western’s Financial Aid page for additional resources.
- Once you’ve made your decision to attend Western, you may submit your $200 tuition deposit. You will need to submit your deposit before you can register for classes or housing. You can submit your deposit through your MyWestern account. You can also pay your deposit by check or credit card with the Cashier’s Office at 970.943.3003.
- Note: Tuition deposits are non-refundable and only necessary for your first semester at Western.
Each incoming student is paired up with an Experienced Peer Initiating Connections (EPIC) Mentor. These students are upperclassmen who ensure all your university needs are taken care of. Your EPIC Mentor will be helping you through your first year at Western. Take full advantage of their experience, knowledge and use them as a resource for any questions you might have. Be on the lookout, they will be reaching out to you in the upcoming weeks!
- Fall 2020 Admits: EPIC Mentors will begin reaching out March 2020
- Spring 2020 Admits: EPIC Mentors will begin reaching out November 2019
- Pay the $200 tuition deposit and $250 housing deposit through your MyWestern account. You can also pay your deposit by check or credit card with the Cashier’s Office at 970.943.3003.
- Fill out your Profile with your preferred living style and roommate interests and begin matching with potential roommates. Or, if you already know who you want to live with, you can choose your own roommate by searching for them.
- Fall 2020 Admits: Begin Profile creation on March 4, 2020
- Spring 2020 Admits: Begin Profile creation on November 4, 2019
For questions on the housing process, contact the Residence Life office at 970.943.2101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
New students to Western are required to fill out a pre-registration survey. Below are the dates when the survey will be available to students:
- Fall 2020 Admits: Survey available May 1, 2020
- Spring 2020 Admits: Survey available November 11, 2019
For questions on class registration, contact the Academic Resource Center at 970.943.7056 or email@example.com.
AlcoholEdu for College and Sexual Assault Prevention Education are two online prevention education courses from EverFi that all incoming students must take before they arrive on campus. You will receive an email from EverFi at the following times with a link to complete the course.
- Fall 2020 Admits: Emails will be sent early July 2020
- Spring 2020 Admits: Emails will be sent December 2019
For questions, contact the Office of LEAD and Orientation at 970.943.2469 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mountaineer Card is your official University ID. By uploading your photo after you’ve registered for classes, you will be able to receive your ID from your EPIC Mentor during a normally scheduled event at New Student Orientation. Otherwise, you will have to find a limited scheduled time to visit the Mountaineer Card office and have your picture taken and card printed.
After you’ve registered for classes, upload your photo here. The login for this webpage is the same as your MyWestern. Once logged in, choose “Profile” to upload your photo.
For questions, contact the Mountaineer Card office at 970.943.2525, email email@example.com.
- New Student Orientation is required for all new students to Western. This program will consist of important information about Western and the Gunnison community. Students will be automatically signed up for Orientation when they are registered for classes and will receive a confirmation email with additional details. Learn more about the program on the New Student Orientation page.
- Fall 2020 Transfer and Non-Traditional Admits: August 14, 2020
- Spring 2020 Admits: January 11, 2020
For questions about Orientation, contact the Office of LEAD and Orientation at 970.943.2469 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Colorado law requires all students to show proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. At a minimum, students must have completed the first MMR immunization before classes begin. Medical and religious exemptions are allowed. Students who plan to reside in on-campus housing may also want to consider receiving the meningococcal vaccine. If you live on-campus, proof of meningococcal vaccine or waiver is required.
- These forms are sent to you in a Welcome email after you are registered for classes. You can also find the forms on the Student Affairs page. Forms can be faxed to 970.943.2254, emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to the address below with Attn: Student Affairs.
For questions about these documents, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 970.943.2232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must send your final, official college transcript(s) to the Admissions Office so a final transfer credit evaluation can be completed.
- You will receive a paper billing statement by mail.
- Adding or dropping classes, changing housing or meal plans may affect your account balance. Check your current account balance through your MyWestern Account one business day after making any changes.
Payment is due in full on or before the first day of classes, unless you set up a W-Pay Payment Plan.
For questions on your billing statement, contact the Cashier’s Office at 970.943.3003 or email@example.com.
- Incoming freshmen will be able to move into their residence hall on:
- Fall 2020 Admits: August 14, 2020 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Spring 2020 Admits: January 11, 2020 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
For questions on moving to campus, contact the Residence Life office at 970.943.2101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.