Adult Degree Completion helps adults with some college education complete their bachelor’s degree in an affordable and accessible setting. This customizable program is structured so participating students can honor their preexisting job and life commitments, while still working toward a versatile degree in Business Communication.
Admissions Criteria and Applying to the Program
To be admitted, students must:
- Have a minimum of 24 credits from an accredited institution
- Hold a 2.3 GPA or higher
- Be 23 years or older
- If you recently attended Western Colorado University, a 12-month period must pass between last being fully enrolled and admission into the ADC program.
To apply for the program, simply complete and submit an application form by August 13, 2021. You will be considered for admission based on the quality of the materials you submit, and you will be informed if you’ve been accepted into the program within days of submitting your materials. We understand many students applying to this program are unique in their educational and work experience backgrounds, and we will evaluate applications on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration the individual life circumstances of applicants.
Getting credit for courses you have already completed lowers the cost and time of earning your degree. College-level academic courses with grades of C- or better, completed at an institution accredited by a regional accrediting agency, are generally accepted. Western accepts up to 90 credits, combined total, from accredited institutions, military credit, AP, IB and CLEP exam. In addition, please keep these policies in mind, as explained in Western’s Catalog (See “Transfer Courses” section on this page).
- Western only applies grades earned through Western toward the calculation of GPA.
- Western will only grant upper division credit if the transfer course is taken at an upper division level, regardless of Western equivalency.
- Courses recommended by the American Council on Education may be considered for credit.
- Total credit permitted under CLEP, AP and other programs leading to credit by examination is limited to 40 semester credits.
- To graduate from Western, students must complete a minimum of 30 credits at Western, of which 15 credits must be in the major.
- Further information about credit transfer is available.
The Adult Degree Completion program is 100% online, allowing maximum flexibility for working adults. You are required to provide your own technology to participate in the program.
The Business Communication degree consists of 48 credits. To graduate from any public, four-year university in Colorado, students must take at least 40 upper-division credits (300- and 400-level coursework), and earn a minimum of 120 credits. Time to complete the program is dependent on how much credit is transferred in. For example, students who transfer in 60 credits to start the program can finish in as little as 36-48 months if enrolled full time, but part-time enrollment is allowed as well. Upon graduating from the program, you’ll have a strong understanding of organizational dynamics, public relations, crafting messages for unique audiences, conflict resolution and how to apply your individual leadership style to your workplace position.
You can schedule a one-on-one appointment with our knowledgeable admissions staff to ask any questions you may have, as well as see what funding opportunities are available to you as a student in this program.