Non-Degree Seeking Applicants
The Non-Degree Seeking Application is for students that wish to take courses at Western without earning a degree.
Items to Consider Before Applying as Non-Degree
- NOLS, Outward Bound and any other outdoor/wilderness education program operate through the Extended Studies Department. Please visit their website for details on these programs.
- Non-Degree students are not eligible for financial aid or merit scholarships.
- If you wish to seek a degree at Western for a different academic term, you must re-apply as a degree-seeking student.
- Only 12 credits earned as a Non-Degree student can be used toward earning a degree at Western.
Please call the Admissions Office if you have any questions about whether the Non-Degree application is right for you.
Application Requirements for Non-Degree Seeking Students
- Complete Western’s Online Application.
- Submit the $30 application fee.
Please submit any other application materials to:
Western Colorado University
1 Western Way
Gunnison, CO 81231
Western is on a rolling admission cycle. We accept applications throughout the year until our class is full; however, we recommend that Non-Degree students apply before the following dates for maximum class availability.
- November 1, 2020 for spring 2021 applicants
- March 1, 2021 for summer 2021 applicants
- June 1, 2021 for fall 2021 applicants
You may check the status of your application anytime by using your self-service application portal. Typically, you will receive your admission decision one to two weeks after we have received your application.
Confirming Your Enrollment
Once you’ve made your decision to attend Western, you may confirm your enrollment and reserve your spot in the in-coming class by submitting your $200 tuition deposit. You will need to submit your deposit before you can register for classes and sign up for on-campus housing. You can submit your deposit by check or by credit card by contacting the cashier’s office at 970.943.3003.