Additional Bachelor’s Degree Applicants
The Additional Bachelor Application (ABA) is for students that have earned a Bachelor’s Degree from either Western or another accredited institution. You are eligible for admission if you have at least a 2.3 on a 4.0 GPA scale.
Application Requirements for Additional Bachelor Seeking Students
- Complete Western’s Online Application.
- Request your official transcripts from each institution attended to be sent to Western.
- If you attended or graduated from Western, please do not request a transcript from us. Contact the admissions office after you submit the application and we will pull your record from the Office of the Registrar.
- Submit the $30 application fee.
Optional (if you feel your application may need extra support):
- An admissions essay
- A personal statement
- Letters of recommendation
- A resume
- An interview (if required by department)
Keep in mind:
Entering ABA students are admitted with the expectation that they will benefit from the educational experiences provided by Western Colorado University. Student’s applications will be assessed for:
- Evidence of academic progression
- Rigor of college-level courses
- Evidence of leadership
- Life experience affecting student’s overall academic record
All of the listed criteria will be taken into consideration but may not affect the final admission decision if the student is not academically prepared for admission into a university setting.
Please submit application materials to:
Western Colorado University
1 Western Way
Gunnison, CO 81231
Western is on a rolling admission cycle. We accept applications throughout the year until our class is full; however, we recommend that transfer students apply before the following dates for maximum scholarship consideration.
- November 1, 2019 for spring 2020 applicants
- March 1, 2020 for fall 2020 applicants
You may check the status of your application anytime by using your self-service application portal. Typically, you will receive your admission decision 2-3 weeks after we have received all of your application materials. If necessary, the transfer credit evaluation takes 3-4 weeks after being admitted to Western. Contact an admissions counselor for more information.
Confirming Your Enrollment
Once you’ve made your decision to attend Western, you may confirm your enrollment and reserve your spot in the in-coming class by submitting your $200 tuition deposit. You will need to submit your deposit before you can register for classes and sign up for on-campus housing. You can submit your deposit by check or by credit card by contacting the Cashier’s Office at (970) 943-3003.