FB Pixel Skip to Main Content

Office of the Registrar

Frequently Asked Questions

Continuing students must schedule an advising appointment with your assigned advisor to retrieve your Registration Code, then self-register on your MyWestern account. New students may follow the instructions indicated in by the Academic Resource Center for your student type.

You may check your schedule online anytime, anywhere. Remember to check/print a copy of your schedule to assure its accuracy before classes begin and before major deadlines.

To view your schedule, logon to your student account and go to “Student,” “Registration,” then “Student Schedule by Day and Time,” for your daily schedule. “Student Detail Schedule” will list instructors.

You may look up your advisor through your student account or DegreeWorks. Log on and go to “Student,” “Registration,” and “Check Your Registration Status.” One way to meet with your advisor is to contact your advisor during his/her faculty office hours.

It is the goal of Western Colorado University to provide students access to courses required for timely graduation. If a student signs the Four-year Graduation Plan Agreement and fulfills all of the conditions and is still unable to graduate in four years, the University will incur the tuition of the additional coursework required for the degree.

In accordance with federal law, no one can access your academic record without written consent from you (the student). If you want your parents (or other interested parties) to have access to your grades, you must fill out an Academic Records Release form which can be found under your MyWestern account.

  1. Log into your MyWestern account
  2. Click on: Student -> Student Records -> Academic Records Release

You can drop a class through your MyWestern account during the first 15 percent of the class meetings. For deadlines, see the Office of the Registrar homepage.

A dropped class doesn’t show up on your transcript and doesn’t impact your GPA.

After the drop period, and until two-thirds of the class is complete, you can withdraw from a class with approval from the instructor and your advisor. You must complete the Course Withdrawal form (located in the Office of the Registrar) and return it to 300 Taylor Hall, for processing. For deadlines, see the Office of the Registrar homepage.

A withdrawn class will receive a grade of “W,” but the grade doesn’t impact your GPA.

If a class is closed, or requires instructor permission, you need to contact the instructor for online permission. Once the instructor gives you online permission, you can add the class through your MyWestern account.

If you are a continuing student at Western and take coursework classes at another institution, or if you want to return to Western after taking classes at another institution, you need to have official transcripts sent to Western to be evaluated.

Send the official transcripts to:

1 Western Way
Western Colorado University
Gunnison, CO, 81231

If you know in advance you will take credits at another institution, you can fill out a Transfer Pre-Approval form, available in the Office of the Registrar.

Western Colorado University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications.

As a student, you may access FREE Student Self-Service:

  1. Log into your MyWestern account
  2. Click on: Student -> Student Records -> Enrollment Verification

Others needing verification may obtain a certificate through The National Student Clearinghouse directly by visiting www.studentclearinghouse.org, or by contacting:

National Student Clearinghouse
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
Herndon, VA  20171
E-Mail:  enrollmentverify@studentclearinghouse.org
Phone:  703.742.4200 (M-F, 9 a.m.-7 p.m., EST)
Fax:  703.742.4239

The Office of the Registrar maintains all student address information. You can change your address by emailing your change to us. Include your full name, student number and which address you want to update.

Grades can be accessed by logging into your MyWestern account and clicking Student -> Student Records -> then Final Grades or Transcript or DegreeWorks.

Transcripts may be ordered online through the National Student Clearinghouse. Requests submitted will be received for processing on the next business day. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing. Expedited transcript requests must be received by 12:00 noon (MST) for same day processing.

  • Go to www.getmytranscript.com
  • Follow the online instructions and submit payment information. Payment must be made by credit/debit card.


  • Electronic: Transcript quantity fee $6.25
  • Mail (United States): Transcript quantity fee $8.65
  • Hold for pick-up: Transcript quantity fee $6.25
  • Overnight delivery: Transcript fee $8.65 plus overnight fee, which may vary.

Take the Next Step

Apply to

Apply to

We understand that applying to a university can be daunting, which is why we make our admission process as simple and straightforward as possible. Learn more about applying to your program of choice at Western.



The best way to find out what makes Western such a special place is to experience it for yourself. Our student-led tours give you an insider’s perspective on everything from academics to student life.



We keep the Mountaineer spirit going strong within our alumni community. Whether getting together with friends at an annual event, making a donation or mentoring a student, graduates continue to play an important role in the Western community.



Want to discover more about Western? Request information today to get in touch with the admissions team.