Where Everybody Belongs
- Asian Pacific Islanders Club
- Black Student Alliance
- Native American Student Council
- Polynesian Chant and Dance Club
The Multicultural Center Strives to:
- Educate the university and the local community about the similarities and differences among people of a variety of racial and ethnic backgrounds.
- Assist students in their academic, cultural and personal development.
- Promote cultural literacy and competency in hopes of building a more inclusive community.
- Provide cultural opportunities for community members.
The Multicultural Center Believes That All People:
- Are valuable.
- Have dignity.
- Have leadership potential.
- Can make a difference.
What students say
“The Multicultural Center has allowed me to interact with a variety of my peers that I probably would not talk to. I have made many friends because of the MCC.”
— Chasity Cordova
“The Multicultural Center has helped me find good friends who care and want to make sure I am doing my best in school. There are a lot of leaders here who care about us and want us to succeed. It helps bring spirit and culture to campus. They make a fun, enjoyable environment, where everyone is welcome to come relax and do homework.”
— Selso Luna
“The Multicultural Center is an awesome place to meet people because everyone stops in to say ‘hi.'”
— Estrellita Garcia
“The Multicultural Center is a home away from home. It’s a place I come where I can relax and be myself, knowing I won’t be judged. It’s like being part of a large family.”
— Jade McIntosh
“The Multicultural Center is a great place to get involved with different activities that take place on campus. It also helps you meet new people and take your mind off class and schoolwork.”
— Charmayne Bellamy