How to Start a Club
1. Plan an informational meeting to gauge the interest in the club. You are required to have no less than five members to register as a club, unless other arrangements are made with the ICC.
2. Complete club constitution and club registration forms with your advisor information.
3. Submit these forms by clicking on the “Register Your Club” button below.
Note: Membership in a recognized club must be extended to all students. It is important to make your club’s purpose as specific as possible, which will assist you in its formation and organization.
1. Meet with the director of ICC and present your constitution and club registration forms for review. Plan to attend the meeting with your advisor, club/organization President and/or Treasurer to answer questions about your club. The director and advisor will then decide if this proposal should move forward.
2. After your proposal has been endorsed by ICC, the next step is to obtain official club recognition from the Student Government Senate. You will need to attend the SGA meeting. During the ICC Director’s report, you will be given the floor to give a brief introduction of the club. Members of the SGA will have the opportunity to ask you questions about your club. The ICC Director will then make a motion that the Senate recognizes your club and a vote will be taken.
3. Once the SGA Senate approves the club, you are a recognized club!
Note: You must re-register your club at the end of the fall and spring semesters.
Register your Club
Benefits of Being an Official Club
- Funding through ICC
- Use of the University Center facilities for meetings and programs
- Use of club storage facilities in Ute Hall
- Availability of funds from ICC
- Availability of funds from SGA
Event Budget Template