College Opportunity Fund
The College Opportunity Fund (COF) provides a stipend to eligible Colorado residents attending a Colorado public or participating private institution. Students wishing to use COF toward the cost of undergraduate, in-state tuition must:
- Register for the College Opportunity Fund at cof.college-assist.org
- Authorize Western to access the funds on your behalf
Registering For COF
Eligible Colorado undergraduate students must apply, be admitted and enroll at Western or a participating institution. Both new and continuing students are eligible for the stipend.
- Apply for the College Opportunity Fund
Authorizing or Declining COF
To authorize or decline the COF stipend, log on to MyWestern.
- After logging in, go to the “Student” tab
- Select “Student Records”
- Select “COF Stipend Authorization”
- Select the term you wish to update and click the submit button
- Check the appropriate box to accept “lifetime authorization” or to decline
- Click the submit button
Take the Next Step
Apply to Western
We understand that applying to a university can be daunting, which is why we make our admission process as simple and straightforward as possible. Learn more about applying to your program of choice at Western.
The best way to find out what makes Western such a special place is to experience it for yourself. Our student-led tours give you an insider’s perspective on everything from academics to student life.
We keep the Mountaineer spirit going strong within our alumni community. Whether getting together with friends at an annual event, making a donation or mentoring a student, graduates continue to play an important role in the Western community.