Admitted Additional Bachelor’s Student Checklist
Welcome to the next steps for admitted Additional Bachelor’s Students! Please go through the following checklist as you prepare to enroll at Western.
- Set up your MyWestern account. MyWestern is where you view financial aid information, DegreeWorks, class registration dates and more.
- After MyWestern activation, another email will arrive with instructions on setting up your western.edu email address. Your western.edu email is what you should use for official University communication.
- Transfer credit evaluations take up to three weeks after you are accepted. You will receive an email notifying you that your evaluation has been completed and is now posted to your DegreeWorks profile.
- For questions on the Transfer Credit Evaluation process, contact the Registrar’s Office at 970.943.7003 or email@example.com.
Fall 2020 Admits: Beginning October 1, 2019, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Western’s school code is 001372.
- Priority deadline for the 2020-2021 academic year is March 1, 2020
Spring 2020 Admits: Beginning October 1, 2019, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Western’s school code is 001372.
- Priority deadline for the 2019-2020 academic year was March 1, 2019
Check the status of your financial aid and scholarships and accept/modify/decline student loans through your MyWestern account. Financial Aid awards will be available beginning:
- Fall 2020 Admits: Mid-March 2020
- Spring 2020 Admits: Mid-December 2019
Visit Western’s Financial Aid page for additional resources.
- Once you’ve made your decision to attend Western, you may submit your $200 tuition deposit. You will need to submit your deposit before you can register for classes or housing. You can submit your deposit through your MyWestern account. You can also pay your deposit by check or credit card with the Cashier’s Office at 970.943.3003.
- Note: Tuition deposits are non-refundable and only necessary for your first semester at Western.
New students to Western are required to fill out a pre-registration survey. Below are the dates when the survey will be available to students:
- Fall 2020 Admits: Survey available May 1, 2020
- Spring 2020 Admits: Survey available November 11, 2019
For questions on class registration, contact the Academic Resource Center at 970.943.7056 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mountaineer Card is your official University ID. By uploading your photo after you’ve registered for classes, you will be able to receive your ID from your EPIC Mentor during a normally scheduled event at New Student Orientation. Otherwise, you will have to find a limited scheduled time to visit the Mountaineer Card office and have your picture taken and card printed.
After you’ve registered for classes, upload your photo here. The login for this webpage is the same as your MyWestern. Once logged in, choose “Profile” to upload your photo.
For questions, contact the Mountaineer Card office at 970.943.2525, email email@example.com.
- Colorado law requires all students to show proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. At a minimum, students must have completed the first MMR immunization before classes begin. Medical and religious exemptions are allowed. Students who plan to reside in on-campus housing may also want to consider receiving the meningococcal vaccine. If you live on-campus, proof of meningococcal vaccine or waiver is required.
- These forms are sent to you in a Welcome email after you are registered for classes. You can also find the forms on the Student Affairs page. Forms can be faxed to 970.943.2254, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to the address below with Attn: Student Affairs.
For questions about these documents, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 970.943.2232 or email@example.com.
- Sign up for the Books-To-Go Program or pick up all your books during your first week of classes at Western’s Bookstore located in the University Center.
For questions on textbooks, contact the Bookstore at 970.943.2156.
- You will receive a paper billing statement by mail.
- Adding or dropping classes may affect your account balance. Check your current account balance through your MyWestern Account one business day after making any changes.
Payment is due in full on or before the first day of classes, unless you set up a W-Pay Payment Plan.
For questions on your billing statement, contact the Cashier’s Office at 970.943.3003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.