Admitted Additional Bachelor’s Student Checklist
Admitted students who are working towards an additional bachelor’s, please go through the following checklist as you prepare to come to Western.
- Visit western.edu/activate to create your MyWestern account. MyWestern is where you view financial aid information, class registration dates and much more.
- After MyWestern account activation, another email will arrive with instructions on setting up your western.edu email address. Your western.edu email is what you should use for official University communication.
- Be sure to check your spam/promotions folder if you don’t receive this email in your inbox.
- Transfer credit evaluations take up to three weeks after you are accepted. You will receive an email notifying you that your evaluation has been completed and is now posted to your DegreeWorks profile.
- For questions on the Transfer Credit Evaluation process, contact the Registrar’s Office at 970.943.7003 or email@example.com.
Fall 2023 Admits: Beginning October 1, 2022, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Western’s school code is 001372.
- Priority deadline for the 2023-2024 academic year is March 1, 2023
Spring 2023 Admits: Beginning October 1, 2023, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Western’s school code is 001372.
- Priority deadline for the 2022-2023 academic year was March 1, 2022
Check the status of your financial aid and scholarships and accept/modify/decline student loans through your MyWestern account. Financial Aid awards will be available beginning:
- Fall 2023 Admits: Mid-March 2023
- Spring 2023 Admits: November 1, 2022
Apply for other Western scholarship opportunities starting in December at western.academicworks.com. Deadline to apply: April 1, 2023.
Register for the College Opportunity Fund (COF) at cof.college-assist.org. After you are approved for COF, authorize the stipend to be applied to your account via MyWestern.
Visit Western’s Financial Aid page for additional resources.
Once you’ve made your decision to attend Western, you may submit your $200 tuition deposit. You can submit your deposit through your MyWestern account. You can also pay your deposit by check or credit card with the Cashier’s Office at 970.943.3003.
- Note: Tuition deposits are non-refundable and only necessary for your first semester at Western.
New students to Western are required to complete a pre-registration survey. You can access this survey through your MyWestern account. Below are the dates when the survey will be available to students:
- Fall 2023 Admits: Survey available May 1, 2023
The Mountaineer Card is your official University ID. By uploading your photo after you’ve registered for classes, you will be able to receive your ID from your EPIC Mentor during a normally scheduled event at New Student Orientation. Otherwise, you will have to find a limited scheduled time to visit the Mountaineer Card office and have your picture taken and card printed.
After you’ve registered for classes, upload your photo. The login for this webpage is the same as your MyWestern account. Once logged in, choose “Profile” to upload your photo.
For questions, contact the Mountaineer Card office at 970.943.2525, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colorado law requires all students to show proof of immunity against measles, mumps and rubella (MMR). At a minimum, students must have completed the first MMR immunization before classes begin. Medical and religious exemptions are allowed. Students who plan to reside in on-campus housing may also want to consider receiving the meningococcal vaccine. If you live on campus, proof of meningococcal vaccine or waiver is required.
- Please submit your immunization records via the housing portal on the western.edu site here. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Office of Student Affairs at 970.943.2011.
For questions about these documents, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 970.943.2232 or email@example.com.
Western Colorado University
Taylor Hall 301
1 Western Way
Gunnison, CO 81231
You must send your final, official college transcript(s) to the Admissions Office so a final transfer credit evaluation can be completed.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive a paper billing statement by mail.
- Adding or dropping classes may affect your account balance. Check your current account balance through your MyWestern Account one business day after making any changes.
Payment is due in full on or before the first day of classes unless you set up a W-Pay Payment Plan.
For questions on your billing statement, contact the Cashier’s Office at 970.943.3003 or email@example.com.
Take the Next Step
Apply to Western
We understand that applying to a university can be daunting, which is why we make our admission process as simple and straightforward as possible. Learn more about applying to your program of choice at Western.
The best way to find out what makes Western such a special place is to experience it for yourself. Our student-led tours give you an insider’s perspective on everything from academics to student life.
We keep the Mountaineer spirit going strong within our alumni community. Whether getting together with friends at an annual event, making a donation or mentoring a student, graduates continue to play an important role in the Western community.