Accounting Services performs the central accounting functions for the University
Ensure that financial data is appropriately gathered and recorded
- Responsible for chart of accounts, chart-field values and reporting integrity
- Responsible for monitoring, approving and posting financial transactions to appropriate accounting periods
- Reconciles general ledger and account balances
- Provides operational support to community of financial system users
Report financial data
- Prepares annual financial statement schedules and works with external auditors
- Prepares annual tax informational Form 990 and other tax returns
- Collaborates on financial accounting issues and projects with other units on accounting issues; consults with other areas on changes in processing, requirements and reporting
Recommend accounting policy for the University
- Serves as a policy and procedure resource for the university community; interprets University policy and procedure
- Applies industry and professional standards
- Ensures compliance with federal or state laws, and other regulations
Take the Next Step
Apply to Western
We understand that applying to a university can be daunting, which is why we make our admission process as simple and straightforward as possible. Learn more about applying to your program of choice at Western.
The best way to find out what makes Western such a special place is to experience it for yourself. Our student-led tours give you an insider’s perspective on everything from academics to student life.
We keep the Mountaineer spirit going strong within our alumni community. Whether getting together with friends at an annual event, making a donation or mentoring a student, graduates continue to play an important role in the Western community.
Want to discover more about Western? Request information today to get in touch with the admissions team.