Western Colorado University is proud to announce its new partnership with the Colorado Community College System (CCCS). This collaborative effort aims to help students who graduate with an associate’s degree from any community college complete their education at Western to earn a bachelor’s degree in over 20 academic fields. You’ll experience personalized advising, unique scholarship opportunities only available to transfer students and no-hassle credit transfers, all while saving money and getting a jump start on your career. Get started on your transfer journey today!
Bridges to Bachelor’s Degree Program
The partnership between Western and CCCS ensures first-time students attending any CCCS college are guaranteed admission to Western Colorado University upon completion of an associate’s degree. This partnership provides the opportunity for more students to earn their bachelor’s degree from Western with less student debt. CCCS transfer students who enroll at Western will have the chance to grow in their studies and prepare to enter into fulfilling careers upon completion of their bachelor’s degrees.
Accelerated Degree Opportunity
Western Colorado University has pioneered seven innovative Accelerated Degree (3+2) Programs that allow students to earn not only a bachelor’s degree, but also a master’s degree in as little as five years. CCCS transfer students are eligible to participate in these programs and should notify their academic supervisor if they are interested in pursuing this degree path.
How to Apply
For new, first-time students at any CCCS college:
- Indicate that you want to participate in the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree program when filling out your CCCS college application.
- Review with your community college advisor to make sure your intended degree and program are eligible.
For existing CCCS students in their first semester:
- Apply by contacting your community college advisor and expressing interest in signing up for the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree program.
Requirements to Transfer
A first-time CCCS student must:
- Opt-into the program at the start of your associate degree program at a CCCS college or within their first semester
- Maintain a 2.0 minimum GPA
- Complete any Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) Degree
Participating CCCS Colleges
- Arapahoe Community College
- Colorado Northwestern Community College
- Community College of Aurora
- Community College of Denver
- Front Range Community College
- Lamar Community College
- Morgan Community College
- Northeastern Junior College
- Otero Junior College
- Pikes Peak Community College
- Pueblo Community College
- Red Rocks Community college
- Trinidad State Junior College
If you are interested in learning more details about the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree program as it applies to all CCCS colleges and university partners, visit this link.
Take the Next Step
Apply to Western
We understand that applying to a university can be daunting, which is why we make our admission process as simple and straightforward as possible. Learn more about applying to your program of choice at Western.
The best way to find out what makes Western such a special place is to experience it for yourself. Our student-led tours give you an insider’s perspective on everything from academics to student life.
We keep the Mountaineer spirit going strong within our alumni community. Whether getting together with friends at an annual event, making a donation or mentoring a student, graduates continue to play an important role in the Western community.
Want to discover more about Western? Request information today to get in touch with the admissions team.