What is Energy Management?
More than 95 percent of our employed Energy Management graduates work for oil and gas companies. The remainder work in mining or for government agencies.
What do Landmen do?
- Work on the legal and business side of oil and gas industry
- Work with regulatory, engineering, geology and other groups to facilitate the exploration of oil and gas
- Secure land and mineral rights, allowing companies to commence exploration
- Make sure a company knows what it can and can’t do
- Make deals to increase opportunities
- Research records to track down stakeholders
Characteristics of Successful Landmen
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail (verbal and written)
- Diverse stakeholder (cross-functional teams)
- Resourceful and innovative
- Independent thinker
- Geographic flexibility
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Negotiator and deal maker
- Tenacious, patient and modest