What is Energy Management?
Our employed Energy Management graduates work in a variety of areas within the energy industry, ranging anywhere from oil and gas, to renewable energy.
What do landmen do?
- Work on the legal and business side of oil and gas and the renewable energy industry
- Work with regulatory, engineering, geology and other groups to facilitate the exploration of oil and gas
- Secure land and mineral rights, allowing companies to commence exploration
- Make sure a company knows what it can and can’t do
- Make deals to increase opportunities
- Research records to track down stakeholders
Characteristics of Successful Landmen
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail (verbal and written)
- Diverse stakeholder (cross-functional teams)
- Resourceful and innovative
- Independent thinker
- Geographic flexibility
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Negotiator and deal maker
- Tenacious, patient and modest