What is Energy Management?
Our employed Energy Management graduates work in a variety of areas within the energy industry, ranging anywhere from oil and gas, to renewable energy.
What do landmen do?
- Work on the legal and business side of oil and gas and the renewable energy industry
- Work with regulatory, engineering, geology and other groups to facilitate the exploration of oil and gas
- Secure land and mineral rights, allowing companies to commence exploration
- Make sure a company knows what it can and can’t do
- Make deals to increase opportunities
- Research records to track down stakeholders
Characteristics of Successful Landmen
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail (verbal and written)
- Diverse stakeholder (cross-functional teams)
- Resourceful and innovative
- Independent thinker
- Geographic flexibility
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Negotiator and deal maker
- Tenacious, patient and modest
Take the Next Step
Apply to Western
We understand that applying to a university can be daunting, which is why we make our admission process as simple and straightforward as possible. Learn more about applying to your program of choice at Western.
The best way to find out what makes Western such a special place is to experience it for yourself. Our student-led tours give you an insider’s perspective on everything from academics to student life.
We keep the Mountaineer spirit going strong within our alumni community. Whether getting together with friends at an annual event, making a donation or mentoring a student, graduates continue to play an important role in the Western community.