Chemical Safety and Hygiene
This page is to help you with the following:
- MSDS sheets. It is your (and your students) responsibility to read and understand the Material Safety and Data Sheets, MSDS, for all chemicals being used in projects.
- You should read and understand the Chemical Hygiene plan.
- Waste collection and labeling. Click here for a Chemical Waste Form.
- Chemical compatibility and storage.
- Chemicals on hand in the stockroom.
In the event of an emergency or for help with a problem contact:
Life threatening: CALL 911
Other emergencies call:
210 Hurst Hall
Lori Clement (administrative assistant)
128 Hurst Hall
Does the stockroom have a chemical you need?
210 Hurst Hall
Vertere Chemical Database
For information on our Chemical Hygiene plan (safety and Lab protocol) click the following link.
Chemical Hygiene plan (pdf file)
For information on the following click each link.
- Hazardous Chemical Database
University of Akron, Department of Chemistry. Provides information for over 2000 hazardous chemicals.
- Need an MSDS (Materials Safety and Data Sheet)?
- NFPA hazard ratings of chemicals stored in the lab. Are you curious about those signs on lab door with the triangles?
Take the Next Step
Apply to Western
We understand that applying to a university can be daunting, which is why we make our admission process as simple and straightforward as possible. Learn more about applying to your program of choice at Western.
The best way to find out what makes Western such a special place is to experience it for yourself. Our student-led tours give you an insider’s perspective on everything from academics to student life.
We keep the Mountaineer spirit going strong within our alumni community. Whether getting together with friends at an annual event, making a donation or mentoring a student, graduates continue to play an important role in the Western community.