M.A., Tulane University, Applied Mathematics, 2015
B.A., The Evergreen State College, Music, 2012
B.S., The Evergreen State College, Math 2012
How did you discover Western?
I grew up in Carbondale, Colorado, so I am familiar with the Western Slope and I always knew I wanted to teach at a university in the area.
What are some of the highlights of your career?
Doing research with a professor as an undergraduate student had a big impact on my decision to attend graduate school. I have particularly enjoyed experiencing this from the other side and supporting undergraduate research as a professor.
What most excites you about your field?
Math is at the heart of all scientific disciplines. It is amazing to be part of a subject that is integral to any quantitative investigation of the world.
What is your favorite thing about the Gunnison Valley?
Outdoor recreation and the balmy weather.
- MATH 360: Linear Algebra
- MATH 252: Calculus III
- MATH 151: Calculus I
- MATH 260: Applied Linear Algebra
- MATH 451: Analysis I
- MATH 358: Differential Equations with Linear Algebra
- MATH 497: Special Topics
- Forest Mannan, Ricardo Cortez. An Explicit Formula for 2D Regularized Stokeslets Flow with Periodicity in one Direction and Bounded by a Plane Wall, Communications in Computational Physics, Jan. 2018.
- Forest Mannan, K. Leiderman. Weak Inertial Effects on Arbitrarily Shaped Objects in the Presence of a Wall. Submitted to Physical Review Fluids
- Forest Mannan, K. Leiderman. A minimal model of the hydrodynamical coupling of cilia on a spherical body. Will be submitted to Physical Review Letters
- Forest Mannan, Ricardo Cortez. An Integrative Computational Model of Ciliary. Beating in 3D. (In preparation)
External Professional Affiliations
Colorado School of Mines