Cluster Cohort Hire: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity
To further advance our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity, Western Colorado University is excited to announce a DEI Cluster Hire for faculty across a wide range of academic areas. This cluster hiring initiative is part of a university commitment to build community, deepen engagement, create a welcoming environment, and promote belonging to support our diverse student body, faculty, and staff. We know that representation from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives is critical to a rich and vibrant scholarly community that supports our students’ learning and upholds our mission.
We seek a group of colleagues who are committed to inclusive curricula/teaching, equity-minded student mentorship, community engagement for social justice, collaboration on relevant interdisciplinary initiatives, and cultivating intercultural competencies requisite for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. To support and sustain these commitments, applicants demonstrating a record of significant engagement with issues of social, economic, racial, and/or gender equity and justice in their professional activity or pedagogy will be given preference.
Western’s search for the 2023 cohort includes six tenure-track faculty positions in which candidates must have the willingness to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse student population. Terminal degree required. For complete job announcements, visit www.western.edu/jobs
- Assistant Professor of Education with an emphasis in special education with teaching responsibilities in both the graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Assistant Professor of Education with expertise in theory and educational research with teaching responsibilities in both the graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Assistant Professor of Environment and Sustainability who is cross-trained and with expertise in public lands management. Teaching and mentoring responsibilities in both graduate and undergraduate public land tracks.
- Assistant Professor of Environment and Sustainability who has expertise in ecology and/or environmental science. Teaching and mentoring responsibilities in both graduate ecology and undergraduate environment and sustainability programs.
- Assistant Professor of Accounting The faculty member hired in this position will teach primarily in our undergraduate accounting major and have duties associated with recruiting and career development.
- Assistant Professor in the School of Business and the Outdoor Industry MBA program Preference will be given to candidates able to teach MBA-level supply chain and logistics management and/or candidates with extensive experience and expertise relevant to the outdoor industry.
Western Colorado University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Take the Next Step
Apply to Western
We understand that applying to a university can be daunting, which is why we make our admission process as simple and straightforward as possible. Learn more about applying to your program of choice at Western.
The best way to find out what makes Western such a special place is to experience it for yourself. Our student-led tours give you an insider’s perspective on everything from academics to student life.
We keep the Mountaineer spirit going strong within our alumni community. Whether getting together with friends at an annual event, making a donation or mentoring a student, graduates continue to play an important role in the Western community.