Student Computer Labs
IT Services maintains a number of computing labs for students.
The computers in these labs, which are located throughout campus, have all the software that is in used in the courses on campus. The exact mix of computing equipment varies (see below). The labs are maintained through funding from the Student Computer Fee. In most cases, only students can use these computers.
Hours of operation are determined by the hours of the building in which the lab is housed.
Western Colorado University Information Technology Services recently launched LabFind, an app developed to help students find technology resources on campus nearest to their location.
To use LabFind, students can download the app on their mobile device and log in with their Western email. From there, they will be able to search for computer labs and tech resources by entering specific criteria such as desired hardware or software, location, group space availability and more.
For any questions about downloading or using LabFind, contact Western IT Services.
- Borick Business Building, room 109
- Chipeta Hall, room 131
- Escalante Terrace 24 Hour Lab (behind the Coffee Lab)
- Gym Room 202
- Hurst Hall, rooms 024, 115, 137, 223
- Kelley Hall, room 202
- Mears Hall, off main lounge
- Pinnacles, 2nd floor lounge
- Quigley Hall, room 213
- Savage Library, room 126, main floor and west wing *Scanners Available
- Taylor Hall, rooms 203, 204 (language lab)
- University Center, kiosks
Black and White Printing:
- All student labs have a black and white printer
- Savage Library
Taylor Hall, Room 125
- Savage Library, Main Floor Info Commons