In the Jan. 10 edition of the Gunnison Country Times, guest commentator Enid Holden reflected on the growth not only in enrollment, but also programs in an editorial entitled “What’s up at Western?” Among the examples cited by the columnist:
- 2018-19 enrollment (“largest freshman class in a decade”)
- Construction of new Paul M. Rady School of Computer Science & Engineering (“which is flying up”)
- New partnership programs with University of Colorado Boulder (“one of the top 20 public engineering schools”)
- Implementation of new 3+2 offerings (“hybrid undergraduate/graduate degree programs”)
- Outdoor Industry MBA program (“new and unique”)
The columnist also pointed out that Western President Greg Salsbury is not keen on resting on any laurels.
“Now the real work starts,” Salsbury told the Times. “The world of higher education is in the midst of tremendous change, and we need to continue to position ourselves to adapt.”