The Catapult Outdoor Accelerator is a business-mentoring program that nurtures startups by providing training, marketing, operational support and networking.
Along with the ICELab, the accelerator will be run by:
- Emerald Expositions, Outdoor Retailer operator
- Outdoor Industry Association, a membership-driven trade organization
- Active Interest Media, which produces events and magazines reaching 40 million followers a month
- Moosejaw Mountaineering, an outdoor retailer
The first class of the Catapult Outdoor Accelerator will enroll in a 12-week mentoring program, run by the ICELab beginning this month. Classes will be held on location at Western’s campus and in Active Interest Media’s Boulder office.
Participating companies are:
- Gearo, a digital marketplace where customers can find and book gear rentals from independent retailers
- Revel Gear, a mobile solar power company with a humanitarian mission
- Hustle Bike, a company developing a new type of bike pedal
- Geyser Systems, a company developing a mobile hot shower system
The ICELab also will provide office space during Gunnison sessions, as well as Colorado investor networking opportunities.
Other benefits of the accelerator include:
- Free exhibitor space at the Outdoor Retailer show
- Free annual membership to the Outdoor Industry Association
- Free marketing services packages provided by Active Interest Media
- Free guidance on merchandising, pricing and distribution from Moosejaw Mountaineering
The ICELab is an established provider of accelerator programming and instruction, based in Gunnison at Western Colorado University.