Admitted Non-Degree-Seeking Checklist
Non-degree seeking students admitted for the spring and fall of 2021, please go through the following checklist as you prepare to enroll at Western.
- Set up your MyWestern account. MyWestern is where you view financial aid information, class registration dates and much more.
- After MyWestern activation, another email will arrive with instructions on setting up your western.edu email address. Your western.edu email is what you should use for official University communication.
- Once you’ve made your decision to attend Western, you may submit your $200 tuition deposit. You will need to submit your deposit before you can register for classes. You can submit your deposit through your MyWestern account. You can also pay your deposit by check or credit card with the Cashier’s Office at 970.943.3003.
- Note: Tuition deposits are non-refundable and only necessary for your first semester at Western.
Non-degree seeking students enroll in classes without meeting with an advisor. Register for classes by following the instructions on the Non-Degree Seeking Registration page. If you need assistance registering for courses, contact the Office of the Registrar at 970.943.7012.
The Mountaineer Card is your official University ID. By uploading your photo after you’ve registered for classes, you will be able to receive your ID from your EPIC Mentor during a normally scheduled event at New Student Orientation. Otherwise, you will have to find a limited scheduled time to visit the Mountaineer Card office and have your picture taken and card printed.
After you’ve registered for classes, upload your photo here. The login for this webpage is the same as your MyWestern. Once logged in, choose “Profile” to upload your photo.
For questions, contact the Mountaineer Card office at 970.943.2525, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Colorado law requires all students to show proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. At a minimum, students must have completed the first MMR immunization before classes begin. Medical and religious exemptions are allowed. Students who plan to reside in on-campus housing may also want to consider receiving the meningococcal vaccine. If you live on-campus, proof of meningococcal vaccine or waiver is required.
- These forms are sent in a Welcome email after you register for classes. You can also find the forms on the Student Affairs page. Forms can be faxed to 970.943.2254, emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to the address below with Attn: Student Affairs.
For questions about these documents, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 970.943.2232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive a paper billing statement by mail.
For questions on your billing statement, contact the Cashier’s Office at 970.943.3003 or email@example.com.