Academic Resource Center

Address Update Requirement

You must always report the local U.S. address at which you are currently residing. Do so even if you are staying somewhere temporarily. The law also requires you to update your address within 10 days of moving. Failure to follow this procedure will result in you losing your legal immigration status. Please follow these steps to update your address:

  • Email your new address to Laurel Becker at
  • Log in to your MyWestern Account
    • Click on the Personal Information tab
    • Click on “Update Local Address(es) and Phone(s)”