Verification of Enrollment or Degree
Insurance companies, banks and lenders, and other agencies may request a verification of your enrollment or the degree you’ve earned at Western. There are several ways to obtain the verification.
Current students and recent graduates can get an enrollment certificate from National Student Clearinghouse via MyWestern. This will be available as a download and does not require a signature or seal and should contain everything needed.
- Login to MyWestern, select the Student tab, then Student Records.
- Select Enrollment Verification, then the “Go to National Student Clearinghouse”
- On that page, select the type of certificate you need, then “Obtain an enrollment certificate.” The certificate will be downloaded to your device.
- Current – only shows the current semester, available after the 6th week of the current term
- All Enrollment – all semesters you have attended Western, may not include the current term if ordered before the 6th week of the current term
- Advanced – enrollment for the next semester (must be at least ½ time)
Email, FAX, or Mail
Current students, former students, and alumni can also submit a request by submitting the following information to the Office of the Registrar. 2-3 business days are required to process the request, with additional time for delivery via postal mail.
- Current legal name and all previous names
- Western Student ID Number or Social Security
- Date of Birth
- Semester(s) to be verified
- Anticipated graduation date or date of graduation
- Destination email, fax number, or postal address with recipient’s full name and title, if available
- If the agency has requested specific information be included in your verification letter, be sure to outline that in your request.
If the verification is a form sent to you by the requesting agency, please complete your section of the form and submit to The Office of the Registrar.
FAX: (970) 943-2048
Western Colorado University
Office of the Registrar
1 Western Way
Gunnison, CO 81231
A verification request from anyone other than a current or former Western student must go through the National Student Clearinghouse, our authorized agent for providing student enrollment and degree verification(s).
Current and former students, and alumni, may request transcripts and replacement diplomas to provide proof of a degree award at www.parchment.com.
If a verification of a degree is required, this can be requested through the National Student Clearinghouse at https://verify.studentclearinghouse.org/registration/landing-page
Take the Next Step
Apply to Western
We understand that applying to a university can be daunting, which is why we make our admission process as simple and straightforward as possible. Learn more about applying to your program of choice at Western.
The best way to find out what makes Western such a special place is to experience it for yourself. Our student-led tours give you an insider’s perspective on everything from academics to student life.
We keep the Mountaineer spirit going strong within our alumni community. Whether getting together with friends at an annual event, making a donation or mentoring a student, graduates continue to play an important role in the Western community.