IT Services-Student Help Desk
DEPARTMENT & LOCATION
- IT Services
- Taylor Hall 125
- Name: Nanette Knuth
- Phone: 970.943.3123
- Email: email@example.com
- Type of work study: Federal/State/Institutional
- Wages/salary: $8
- Number of Position Openings: 2
- Hours per week: up to 20
- Schedule: Office is open from 8am - 5pm, this position will work within this time frame depending on class schedules.
IT services is looking for energetic, self-motivated student employees to assist the professional staff in providing customer and technical service for our student helpdesk. There are a wide variety of opportunities to learn and use new skills while working with us. While some background in technology is a benefit it is not necessary to apply. This is a great position to acquire resume building skills for your career after graduation from Western State Colorado University.
Essential functions provided by the Student Helpdesk
- Assisting customers with username and password issues
- Assisting customers with services provided by Western; email, MyWSCU, Blackboard Learn, etc.
- Connecting to Western’s wireless network with your PC, MAC, game console, etc.
- Software installation and configuration
- Hardware repair/installation and configuration
- Virus removal
- Maintaining equipment and software in open student labs and classrooms
- Other various tasks and opportunities to work with the IT Services staff
- Pass a background check and while some experience in technology is a benefit it is not necessary to apply.
- Apply by submitting a brief resume, high school or college/university transcripts and references. If you are a recent high school graduate, please provide a list of instructors from your senior year as references. Please present this information to Nanette Knuth at firstname.lastname@example.org or in Taylor 125.