Intramural Sports Referee
DEPARTMENT & LOCATION
- University Center 120F
- Name: Samantha Bruce
- Phone: 970.940.2883 or 719.252.1087
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type of work-study: Federal/State
- Wages/salary: $7.78
- Number of Position Openings: 14
- Hours per week: 5-15
- Schedule: Sunday-Thursday
- Have strong working knowledge of the sport’s playing rules or willingness to learn.
• Be ready at the game site 15 minutes beforehand.
• Assist with set up and take down of Intramural events.
• Ensure that the playing surface is safe and free from obstacles/obstructions.
• Oversee the Intramural contest and ensure participation takes place in a safe manner.
• Communicate well with all officials, players, coaches and spectators.
• Conduct a pre-game meeting with the team captain’s to go over rules and see if they have any questions.
• Officiate the contest and enforce the rules judiciously as possible.
• Keep score for Intramural games.
• Report any problems or concerns to the Supervisor, or the Director when need be.
• Be open to discuss calls with the team captain (talk with the team captain about calls, but if they become irate find the Intramural Supervisor on duty or Director).
• Assist in completing any score cards at the conclusion of each game.
• Wear your officials shirt to all intramural games and events.
• Attend all official training sessions.
• Be able to handle difficult situations such as injuries or disruptive players or spectators.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Intramural referees will be expected to be an official at intramural sporting events and games. This includes a variety of sports and events throughout the year ran by students, for students.
- No experience is necessary. Training is provided. Applicants should have some working knowledge of coordinating sporting events, and should have a fun, positive, and motivated attitude. Should also be comfortable taking charge of their peers.
- Applications are available outside of the Intramural Sports Office located in 120 University Center. Fill out this applications, as well as, a work-study contract for fall 2012 and slide both under the office door once completed.