Athletics Video Editor
DEPARTMENT & LOCATION
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Paul Wright Gym 220
- Name: Garrett Finke
- Phone: 970.943.2831
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type of work study: Federal/State
- Wages/salary: $8.75
- Number of Position Openings: 2
- Hours per week: 4-10 - varies from week to week depending on athletic schedule
- Schedule: Nights and weekends - dependent on home athletic schedule
The Athletics Video Editor will be responsible for capturing some video and editing video of Western State Colorado University Athletic events. The editor will be responsible for working independently during an athletic event and be responsible for editing that video for specific Athletic Department needs.
The video editor must be able to work in a variety of environments depending on assignments, and be prepared to stay past scheduled hours if an event goes long and editing is needed immediately.
The photographer will be provided access to Sony camcorders and Final Cut editing software. The video editor will also be given credit on the athletics website (GoMountaineers.com) and any site videos are uploaded. The editor will also have the opportunity to travel to away events, depending on class schedule, if desired.
- Ability to operate a camcorder on manual settings
- Ability to work nights and weekends, while working around class schedule
- Knowledge of NCAA guidelines for photographer areas (will be discussed during orientation period)
- Qualify for federal or state work study, or be willing to volunteer
- A working knowledge of sports photography, including angles and proper location for optional shots
- Ability to use Final Cut editing software
- Contact Western State College Sports Information Director Garrett Finke at (970) 943-2831 or at email@example.com. Prospective students can also apply in person at Paul Wright Gym 220, but it is recommended to make an appointment before stopping by.