DEPARTMENT & LOCATION
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Paul Wright Gym 220
- Name: Garrett Finke
- Phone: 970.943.2831
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type of work study: Federal/State
- Wages/salary: $8.75
- Number of Position Openings: 3
- Hours per week: 4-10 - varies from week to week depending on athletic schedule
- Schedule: Nights and weekends - dependent on home athletic schedule
The Athletics Photographer will be responsible for capturing images during home athletic events for Western State Colorado University. The photographer will be responsible for working independently during an athletic event and be responsible for shooting required pictures (i.e. halftime presentations, special requests).
The photographer must be able to work in a variety of environments depending on assignments, and be prepared to work in either sun, wind, rain and/or snow if the assignment is outdoors. The photographer must also be flexible to stay past scheduled hours if an event goes long because of overtime.
The photographer will be provided access to a Nikon camera with both a 18-35mm and 55-200mm lens to complete assignments. The photographer will also given credit on the athletics website (GoMountaineers.com) for all stories and photo galleries. The photographer will also have the opportunity to travel to away events, depending on class schedule, if desired.
- Ability to operate a camera on manual settings
- Ability to work nights and weekends, while working around class schedule
- Knowledge of NCAA guidelines for photographer areas (will be discussed during orientation period)
- Qualify for federal or state work study, or be willing to volunteer
- A working knowledge of sports photography, including angles and proper location for optional shots
- Contact Western State College Sports Information Director Garrett Finke at (970) 943-2831 or at email@example.com. Prospective students can also apply in person at Paul Wright Gym 220, but it is recommended to make an appointment before stopping by.