DEPARTMENT & LOCATION
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Paul Wright Gym 220
- Name: Garrett Finke
- Phone: 970.943.2831
- Email: email@example.com
- Type of work study: Federal/State
- Wages/salary: $8.75
- Number of Position Openings: 1-2
- Hours per week: 5-20, flexible
- Schedule: Weekdays - flexible around class schedule
The Athletics Designer will be responsible for design projects that appear on GoMountaineers.com, in game programs, in media guides, for campus flyers and print advertisements, as well as for recruiting materials and special projects.
This position is intended to provide potential portfolio pieces for aspiring designers. Amateur designers who enjoy the art are also welcome to apply. Additional copies can be printed in order to fulfill portfolio projects or for career opportunities.
The designer will be provided a work station and access to all athletic photos in order to create the best product to their ability. The designer will work with the Sports Information Director to plan and prioritize projects.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to work independently, yet work under design guidelines as established by Western State College visual guidelines
- Qualify for federal or state work study, or be willing to volunteer
- Interest in sports and Mountaineer athletics is encourage, but not required for this position
- Contact Western State College Sports Information Director Garrett Finke at (970) 943-2831 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prospective students can also apply in person at Paul Wright Gym 220, but it is recommended to make an appointment before stopping by.