Athletics Assistant-Sports Information
DEPARTMENT & LOCATION
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Paul Wright Gym 220
- Name: Garrett Finke
- Phone: 970.943.2831
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type of work-study: Federal/State
- Wages/salary: $8.75
- Number of Position Openings: 5-8
- Hours per week: 5-20
- Schedule: Flexible (weekdays, nights and/or weekends)
Athletic assistants in the Sports Information Office work with the Sports Information Director in the coverage and promotion of the Mountaineer intercollegiate teams. The successful candidate will work in a variety of positions, including: statistical input and calling, video operations, office work and research. The successful candidate will be expected to work a majority, if not all, of the home athletic contests, although accommodations can be made. Some travel with teams may be possible if the student is interested.
The Sports Information Office is responsible for the publicity and promotion of Western State's 11 NCAA sports (football, volleyball, men's cross country, women's cross country, women's basketball, men's basketball, wrestling, men's indoor track and field, women's indoor track and field, men's outdoor track and field, women's outdoor track and field). The office is the primary liaison between the media and the Mountaineer athletic department, and is responsible for all of the content at wscathletics.com. The office is also responsible for all gameday statistical services, video-streaming services and media assistance.
- -Working knowledge and interest in sports and basic rules
-Qualify for federal or state work-study, or be willing to volunteer
-Ability to learn how to use a variety of programs, learn job responsibilities and be flexible. Job duties will likely change from game-to-game, and office work will likely change from day-to-day. The successful candidate will be one who has a "team" mentality, meaning they are willing to take on new or different roles in order to support the larger workings of the office, the athletic department, and Western State College.
- Contact Western State Colorado University Information Director Garrett Finke at (970) 943-2831 or at email@example.com. Prospective students can also apply in person at 220 Paul Wright Gym, but it is recommended to make an appointment before stopping by.