Policies are developed to allow the College Center to operate smoothly, provide safety for users, security for property, and maintain the facility as an active, viable center for student life.
· Activities are confined to the room reserved/rented by a group. All additional space allowances are subject to
· No stapling or tacking of linens or decorations to any fixtures or furnishings -this includes tables.
· No banners, placards, or other materials can be attached to the walls, ceiling, or floor.
· No glitter, confetti or other items which are difficult to remove.
· All decorations or items not owned by the College Center must be removed from the rental space immediately
following the event. No decorations or items are allowed to stay in the facility overnight. Any items left the
facility will be charged a $50/day storage fee.
· Furniture or equipment in the College Center shall not be moved from the building.
· The College Center, nor Western State College, shall be held responsible for any goods and materials brought in
by event planners or outside contractors that are damaged or stolen while in the College Center.
· Any group or individual accountable for any damages or losses occurring during, or resulting from, individual
conduct, or group activity in the College Center will be held directly responsible for the damages or losses.
The amount of the assessment will be in terms of actual cost of repair or replacement.
· The College Center reserves the right to move a group to another space.
· The College Center reserves the right to deny any activity or equipment usage that may cause damage to the
· Sodexo Food Corporation is the exclusive caterer for the College Center.
· Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in all areas of the College Center, with the exception of services authorized
under approved leases and liquor liability insurance for special event functions.
· The Fireplace and outside Fire Pit are to be lit by College Center staff only.
· The College Center does not permit smoking inside the building or within 30 feet of any doors or windows.
· Skateboarding is not allowed in the College Center, nor on the ramps or patios.
· Due to fire regulations, candlelight and incense are prohibited. Electric candles may be used.
· The College Center must approve all signs and posters. Only 1 flyer per person/organization may be posted.
Approved signs and posters may be placed only on the designated bulletin boards. No signs or posters may
be placed on the doors, windows, or on the walls or outside of the building. Any sign/poster not in the
designated area will be removed. If the building is damaged or if extensive labor is involved in removing the
poster, the organization named on the poster may be charged for expenses.
· The rules of conduct of the College will apply. The Director of the College Center or the authorized
representative shall have the authority to order any person in violation of the rules and regulations to leave the
building. The College Security personnel may be used to enforce the rules and regulations.