The University Center Operations staff is dedicated to providing quality facilities and quality services. The University Center provides conference meeting space to the Western community and visiting groups and organizations. Host your business meeting, conference, workshop, educational seminar or special event such as a wedding reception at the University Center.
The University Center meeting spaces are scheduled on a first come first serve basis. Reservations are taken up to a year or more in advance. We strongly recommend you plan ahead. We want to help make your event a success. We hope the following information will help you in the planning process.
For current fee structure and to check availability, please contact University Center Program Coordinator at (970) 943-3068 or email email@example.com. Reservation forms and information packets are also available at the Information Desk located on the first floor of the University Center. For general information, please call the Information Desk at (970) 943-2066.
STEPS TO PLANNING A SUCCESSFUL EVENT:
One month or more prior to event
1. Call or email University Center Operations to check availability/current rates and request Reservation Packet.
2. If date/space is available complete reservation form and return to University Center Program Coordinator.
3. Schedule an on-site visit to make sure facilities will meet event needs.
4. Contact Sodexo at (970) 943-2005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for catering services.
5. Determine any additional time needed to access space for personal setup of materials/decorations.
6. Review, sign and return Facilities Use Agreement to University Center Program Coordinator.
7. Provide University Center Program Coordinator with Certificate of Liability if required.
8. Make payment of deposit payable to Western State Colorado University if required.
9. Determine and communicate any A/V needs to University Center Program Coordinator.
10. Schedule time to preview/test any audio/visual equipment prior to event start.
Two weeks or more prior to event:
1. Confirm time-line of event.
2. Comfirm room layout request.
3. Confirm audio/visual equipment needs.
4. Comfirm expected attendees.
One week prior:
1. Finalize all details and make any updates/changes or additional requests.
2. Confirm all catering details with Sodexo.