Do you have an idea that will help make Western State Colorado University a more sustainable campus?
Green money for your green ideas!!
The Sustainability Fund Committee is requesting proposals from students for projects that promote sustainability at Western State Colorado University. The purpose of the sustainability fund is to provide WSCU students access to the financial resources to initiate projects that:
1. Support WSCU’s use of more sustainable and renewable energy
2. Reduce unnecessary consumption of goods
3. Increase reuse of usable goods and recycling of materials
4. Promote the ethical stewardship of all resources and land on WSCUs campus
These are some of the projects that students LIKE YOU brought to WSCU's campus with the help of the Sustainability Fund.
- POWER STRIPS for students living in the residence halls
- GREENHOUSE & HOOP HOUSE to support gardening on our campus
- BIKE LIBRARY to encourage alternative transportation
- EARTH TUB for composting in Rare Air Cafe
- BIKE RACKS around campus
- covered RTA BUS SHELTER
The Sustainability Fund has two different categories for proposals.
- Proposal is asking for $500 or more due dates for are due by October 11. Download proposal guidelines here.
- Proposals seeking under $500 may be submitted online at anytime. If you have a detailed, itemized budget ready, SUBMIT YOUR IDEA NOW...
All project proposals must effectively demonstrate how they will meet or exceed these requirements.
After review of all proposals, the Committee will invite students who submitted the most qualified proposals to present to the Committee, answer questions, and provide clarifications of the proposed project. The Committee will consider all qualified proposals and make its decision on funding based on the Sustainability Fund purpose, criteria, and cost of implementation. Decisions made by the Committee on funding are final and not subject to appeal. If a project is not funded, the Committee will provide information to the student(s) on why the proposal was not funded. Allocation of funds will be subject to availability.
After Completion: Projects must be completed within one year of the award. At that time any remaining funding will be relinquished. In addition, a follow-up report for each project is due within one year. *Based on the extent of the project, the Sustainability Fund may request additional reporting.
Applying for the grant not only gives you an opportunity to see a good idea realized, it also gives you the opportunity to practice writing a grant and the project management skills required for implementation. If you want some help or to talk through your ideas, stop by the LEAD Office in University Center 118 and meet with one of our student sustainability coordinators.