December 7, 2011
Last meeting of 2011
Discussion Agenda for December 7th, 2011
I. Roll Call
II. Approval of Minutes
III. Approval of Agenda
IV. Guest Speaker
· Mariah Green-Career Services: Career services advisor, or academic advisor. It’s to students’ advantage to get help with resumes. Career for mountaineers is a job search. You can also submit your resume online. There are a lot of resume packets online. Take advantage of the resources available. Only 20% of jobs are posted on the internet. It is important to build connections among industries and network! Edicate dinner Wednesday March 7th 5:30-7:30pm for juniors and seniors, RSVP online. Internship and job fair the next day. From 10:30-2:30 on the 8th of March. Promote these events to students. Also a link for internships and City of Gunnison’s internship information.
V. Action Items
VI. Discussion Items
VII. Advisor Report
VIII. Senator Reports
IX. Committee Reports
X. Advisory Reports
· Sarah: This Friday is board of trustees meeting open to the public 8am-1pm. Name change discussion and enrollment. On Saturday they will be dedicating the Mountaineer near Taylor facing Taylor lawn. Gary Pierson invited all of SGA to go to this dedication.
· Haleigh: Retreat from January 20th-21st.
· Maddy: ENVS fall forum tomorrow swing by and see what they are up to
· Hayden: Friday Men’s Hockey $2 5:30, playing CU
· Nick: Locken came and spoke with exec about ski passes. Come and talk with us if you want information. Thank you for all the hard work you do!
XI. Special Topics
XII. Remarks for the Good of the Order
XIII. Late Roll Call