January 12, 2011
Minutes for January 12, 2011
I. Roll Call
II. Approval of Minutes
III. Approval of Agenda
IV. Guest Speaker
V. Special Topics
VI. Advisor Report
VII. Committee Reports
VIII. Advisory Reports
· Travis: I have put up flyers for men’s and women’s basketball.
· Jamie: We added another club fair January 26 and we have our money problem fixed and will be having many meetings. Let me know what time works for you.
· Elijah: Springfest is April 16th and Real Big Fish is our cover band.
· Angie: Next Wednesday Buddy Wakefield will be here in Quigley at 7 pm and it is $7. Tomorrow is an art convocation in Quigley from 12:30-1:30. Auditions are going on now for the play.
· Stephanie: We had one flu shot last semester that we paid for.
IX. Executive Reports
· Sarah: Next Thursday January 20 at 7 pm in the ballroom is a student forum. SENATORS write this on your boards please. Mesa State contacted me about getting a group of SGAs from smaller colleges in Colorado to get a student summit committee together to discuss higher education budget cuts. Contact me if you are interested.
· Lauren: SGA senator voting is next week! Get people to fill out applications and to vote!
· Jesse: none
· Molly: none
· Grace: We have $5700 in our internal and almost $7000 in our bill money. Traces of the Trade will be showing in the Prosser Theater at 12:30.
X. Senator Reports
· Haleigh: If you sponsor any bills please send them to me first, and continue with your same board until I tell you otherwise.
· Ciera: There is a rail jam next Friday January 21and we are only doing preregistration from 11:30-1:30 next week.
· Devon: When I send out emails with information or requests can you all please email me something back so I know you got the message?
· Megan: none
· Austin: none
· D’Andre: There is a BSA speaker on Tuesday night at 7 pm in the ballroom.
· Walker: none
· Chris: Breakfast for a Buck is tonight from ten to midnight.
XI. Discussion Items
· Free Ride Ski Bill: NOW REQUESTING $2000
· This increase was necessitated because we have a change of venues for our competition. They have moved the first competition to Jackson Hole WY and will be a lot longer of travel. We need help for the cost of travel. We are not asking for the full amount but we are asking for some.
· Stephanie: Did you ask for money last year?
· Eric: We did, but we didn’t receive any from the school and $150 from ICC. Our club membership doubled this year. We travel the farthest and have the most expensive club.
· Stephanie: did you guys say you were going to be self sustaining?
· Eric: Yes we said 3-5 years.
· Have you guys considered going to ICC?
· We have a bill made but we would not have enough time.
· Shelley: The school does provide Eric’s salary and a pass to the mountain.
· Eric: My salary goes mostly to the club.
· Jamie: The reason you got $150 was because you have to prove that you are sustainable. We want to give you more money it is just part of the trial period.
· Eric: Applying for ICC funds would take too long.
· Jamie: Now that we have heard your presentation my committee could maybe go ahead and vote.
· Lauren: we will have a budget meeting next week.
· Jamie suggests voting tonight for ICC to give the money.
XII. Action Items
XIII. Remarks for the Good of the Order
· Sarah: 2020 summit meeting is January 24. We want to reduce carbon emissions by the year 2020.
· Lauren: Retreat is next weekend and get students to apply for senator position!
XIV. Late Roll Call