February 2, 2011
Minutes for February 2, 2011
I. Roll Call
· Jesse, Anders, Megan
II. Approval of Minutes
III. Approval of Agenda
V. Special Topics
VI. Discussion Items
· May term- some students like the schedule already because it allows us to see other graduations. In general most say no.
VII. Action Items
· Peak Productions Bill
· Haleigh motions to vote on the full $1000
· 7 out of 12 say yes- does not pass
· Haleigh motions to vote $915 which pays half of Duke’s ticket.
· 11 out of 12 yes
· $915 allocated
· Ice Climbing Bill
· Devon: If it is already set up where is the $300 going to?
· We are donating some to WP.
· Noah: They are putting on an event that will bring publicity to ice climbing and to show that we are the only college with an ice climbing wall. The money goes towards the event.
· Ciera: We are concerned about the liability; will you guys have a sign like at the skate park?
· Yes we will put one out.
· Austin: You do not have a detailed budget for this $300? I thought you said fencing was free.
· Some of it was, but we need more.
· Haleigh motions to allocate all $300 with stipulation that they donate all excess money to WP and create a risk management plan. 11 out of 12 vote yes
· All $300 allocated
· Vote on Budget Surplus
· $6087 in surplus: budget committee recommends we allocate all this money back to the sub committees. Last year we allocated the surplus to bill money.
· Austin motions to vote on sending the surplus to sub committees. 10 out of 12 vote yes
· Surplus will be allocated to sub committees
· You Da Bomb Award goes to Shayna!
VIII. Advisor Report
· Shelley: The study abroad and NSE fair is Monday from 10-2 in the college center. The 25th anniversary of the Alley Loop is in CB this Saturday from 9:30-1:00. You can register online.
IX. Committee Reports
· Curriculum: They decided to take out the journalism minor and Top of the World will be removed from call department so they won’t be able to pay a faculty member so they are figuring out what to do.
· D’Andre: It used to be that SGA paid for the advisor for the Top, so they are looking into that again and maybe a scholarship for the editor.
· ICC: I met with the Wildlife group and we gave them $100 that they asked for.
· Press: We are going to order plastic frames to put up flyers in the Borick bathrooms.
· Grace: Why only in Borick?
· Some other buildings didn’t want it so we are starting it in Borick to see how it works.
X. Advisory Reports
· Sarah: The constitution committee meeting will be February 16 at 6 pm. If you are interested in the higher education student summit let me know. We will get SGAs from NM, KS, CO, UT and AZ and talk about state spending for higher education and the future of Colorado budget and what we can do as student leaders. D’Andre Austin Alan Walker Devon and Angie volunteer to work with this. The recreation field house committee met on Tuesday and we are on schedule with the design and will be budgeted February 24. We discussed the bouldering wall and it will be near the foam pit and away from all of the machines. We are planning for 3000 square feet for the climbing area. What is the impact of turf and multi purpose floor?
· Walker: Turf is more realistic.
· Alan: Very tough to get time in the gym.
· Sarah: There is a new designed turf that doesn’t shed as many rubber dots.
· Jesse: none
· Lauren: For the “We are Western” campaign we are having the Step up program with captains of club teams February 24 from 12:30 to 2:00 and we can give Katie feedback on how it goes. The CLUE peer educators need more people, let me know if you are interested.
· Molly: none
· Grace: Iola is playing at the CB brewery this Friday at 7:30. Valentines night Sex positive hosting sex toy party. February 17 is Winterfest and February 22 the honors board is hosting a chocolate tasting and March 5 is Carnaval hosted by Amigos. Rage in the sage group has started a committee. We have about $5000 in internal and almost %7000 in bill money before today’s bills
· Sabret: We had an RMAC wide conference call and we will have our big meeting March 4-5. Wrestling is home tonight and next Wednesday and Thursday. Track is at New Mexico this weekend and men’s and women’s basketball are home Friday and Saturday.
· Travis: none
· Jamie: Greg White sat in on one of our meetings and he will be at all club sports meetings now. Archery club and dance clubs are coming soon. Bingo night is this Friday at 7:30. Get tickets from me.
· Noah: This past weekend we had beginning ice climbing. This weekend we have beginning back country ski and snowboarding for $15.
· Elijah: We have a Sunday Super Bowl party in the college center and the flyers that are out have the incorrect time. Doors open at 4 in the ballroom and we have food. Kick off is at 4:30. Winterfest is February 17 with the chili cook off. Email Stephanie White if you want to be a contestant. It will probably be during the rail jam. Keep spreading the word about Springfest.
· Angie: Next Thursday is an art convocation at 12:30 in Quigley and Word Horde open mic is at Mochas at 7 pm. One Acts open this week or next week. We are looking for a new director for CCE. If any senators are interested, come talk to me.
· Stephanie: We still have flu shots available. There are HPV shots open through the college health center and public health center. If you have an appointment with the health center and you do not show up you could be charged. You need to call to cancel. February 4 or 11 packets are due for RA and APA applications. I talked with enrollment today and they said that numbers have gone up very slightly. They will be creating a tuition committee. February 19 at 3:30 and February 20 at 10:00 are womens home hockey games. February 26 at 3:00 and February 27 at 10:00 are WRAP events.
· Lauren: Look over and sign the honor code.
XI. Senator Reports
· Haleigh: None
· Ciera: Happy Groundhogs day!
· Devon: Valentine’s day will have a speed dating event going on at 8 pm and we will have spaghetti.
· Megan: None
· Austin: Lauren and I submitted a proposal for more bike racks. Travis says there is one in the intramural storage.
· D’Andre: None
· Walker: None
· Chris: None
· Nick: Rage in the sage committee is meeting after this meeting.
· Shayna: None
· Alan: None
· Anders: I talked to my constituents about raising fees for rage in the sage and they were all for it.
XIV. Guest Speaker
· Mesa State College representatives for Student Summit
XIV. Remarks for the Good of the Order
· Walker: I motion to move meetings to start at 7:20 pm.
· Nick seconds
· 15 out of 23 vote yes and passes
· Meetings start at 7:20
· Noah: This Sunday is Stephanie’s 21st birthdayday.
· Sarah: I apologize on Mesa not being here tonight.
XV. Late Roll Call
· Jesse, Megan