WSC Extended Studies Announces Wednesdays at Western Programs, June 22 - Aug. 17
May 19, 2011 -- Extended Studies of Western State College of Colorado (WSC) has coordinated an exciting line-up of “Wednesdays at Western” workshops. This summer’s “Wednesdays at Western” series includes new locations and activities, as well as programs brought back due to popular demand.
The purpose of “Wednesdays at Western” is to provide opportunities for Gunnison Valley visitors and residents to spend a day enjoying and learning about the area. Program leaders are all local community members and professionals in their fields. Programs are scheduled for every Wednesday between June 22 and Aug. 17 and take place on Western’s campus and throughout the Gunnison Valley. There are a total of 10 different learning opportunities to appeal to a variety of people’s interests and passions.
Wednesdays at Western Programs
- June 22: Introduction to Fly Fishing Workshop
Instructor: Gunnison River Fly Shop
- June 29: History Tour of Gunnison’s Silver Triangle: Gunnison, Crested Butte and Taylor Park
Instructor: Duane Vandenbusche
- July 6: Matchless Mountain Summit Hik
Instructor: Karen Immerso
- July 13: Geology Tour of Taylor Park
Instructor: Bruce Bartleson
- July 13: Basic Swing Dance Workshop
Instructor: Rita Bohn and Bob Wojtko
- July 20: Creating Art from Unlikely Materials Workshop
Instructor: Carol Connor
- July 27: Hasley Pass Geology and Wildflower Hike
Instructor: Tom Prather
- Aug. 3: Outdoor Photography Workshop and Hike
Instructor: Allan Ivy
- Aug. 10: Outdoor Sketching Techniques Workshop
- Aug. 17: Beginning Birding Workshop
The programs are open to participants of all ages; no program-specific experience is required. Pre-registration and payment is required. Space is limited. Program costs range from $10 to $25. All field trip programs include transportation and a sack lunch. Registration deadline is Monday at noon for that Wednesday’s program. All programs are held rain or shine.
For additional information or to register, contact the Extended Studies office at (970) 943-2885 or email Layne Nelson at email@example.com