Do you have any Windows security tips?
- Update Microsoft Windows automatically.
- Use strong passwords or pass phrases for all Windows user accounts on your computer
- Use and properly maintain good and optionally anti-spyware software such as Windows Defender.
- Turn on Windows Firewall in the Control Panel
- Do not open suspicious email attachments or respond to suspicious requests.
- Do not allow your browser to save passwords.
- Lock your PC's screen when you step away, and shut down your computer when you'll be gone for more than 6 hours.
- Where possible, consider using a web browser other than Internet Explorer, and treat "free" software with suspicion.
- Install and use virus protection software and schedule daily automatic virus definition updates.
- Apply vendor security patches regularly.
- Turn the computer off at night/weekends.
- Encrypt any data stored locally on your computer that is confidential or sensitive.