- My desktop shortcut or favorite stopped working to get to Banner, what do I do?
Go to www.western.edu/banner. If you previously have saved a shortcut to your desktop it will no longer work because the web address for Banner has changed. The live link will be available at the above website.
- How do I get a budget summary of expenditures for the current or previous month?
If you would like a budget summary of expenditures made from your department funds for either the current month or the previous month, do the following steps:
- Log into BANNER and enter the job name FIN_FGRBDSC in the Go To box.
- Press Page Down three times and then Commit (F11).
- Enter your budget index number and press Submit
For a summary of the previous month's expenditures, simply enter the job name FIN_FGRBDSC_PRIOR in the Go To box and perform the same steps.
- How do I query and schedule classrooms?
- Department Assistants…To avoid conflicts in classrooms in your building, schedule events using SLAEVNT. Detailed instructions for scheduling events and also querying existing room usage can be found here. Another quick way to look at the availability of a room is to run BLDG_RESERVATIONS through job submission in BANNER.
- How do I submit a request for Banner data?
- If you have a request for the BANNER programmers, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a brief description of the request in the subject line. This will submit the request to our “bluesheet” process, and you will be notified of the submission. These requests may include things such as reports of BANNER data, a BANNER navigation issue, analysis for a possible new BANNER-related process, etc. (requests for which you have filled out our “bluesheets” in the past). We still welcome your telephone calls and visits!
- Banner Template
- Template of Banner Control Keys
- How do I change my Banner password?
You can change your BANNER password from the My Links section of General Menu. You can also change it by using the BANNER form GUAPSWD. Type your current BANNER password (leave the database box blank), then type a new password, and verify your new password.