The Scholarships for Mathematical Studies
This award provides tuition assistance to a mathematics major.
A student must:
- have declared a major in mathematics.
- have completed at least 24 credit hours at Western State Colorado University, including at least 6 credits toward the major.
- have attained a minimum 3.0 GPA in the major.
- be enrolled for at least 9 credits, not including student teaching or internships, during the semester of the award.
The Scholarship Committee may consider the following when making decisions.
- financial need.
- faculty recommendation.
- mathematics achievement.
- student contribution to the mathematics program.
Submit the following through the department office (Hurst 128):
- a letter of application that addresses the applicants qualifications for the award.
- a current copy of Western transcript.
Applications are due by April 1. Notification of award will be by May 1. Students may apply though the MCIS department office.