Graduate Studies Council 2012-2013
As a standing committee of the Faculty Senate, the duties and membership of the Graduate Studies Council are defined by the Faculty Bylaws:
Review and evaluate proposals for graduate courses and graduate degree programs before proposal are considered by the Curriculum Committee;
- Facilitate the review of new curricular programs by an exernal consultant;
- Review and evaluate academic policies related to graduate studies and make recommendations, as necessary, to the Academic Policies Committee;
- Preview the qualifications of candidates for graduate faculty standing and make recommendations to the Vice President for Academic Affairs;
- Provide a voice for graduate education in the College planning process;and
- Promote and sponsor graduate activities to create an appropriate learning environment for graduate students.
There are several components that Western’s Graduate Studies Council expects to see in a proposal. The attached Graduate Proposal Checklist should be helpful as you prepare to submit a proposal for a graduate program. Proposals submitted have been 10-20 pages in length. Approved proposals will be posted to be used as examples. Please feel free to contact any member of the Graduate Studies Council if you have questions.
|Name||Department||Email address||Phone||Term Expires|
|Date and Place||Agenda||Meeting Notes|
|August 30, 2012, Taylor Hall 327||Notes|
|September 6, 2012, Taylor Hall 327||Notes|
|January 31, 2013, Taylor Hall 112D|