MEM Admission Requirements
- BA or BS degree required before attending first Summer term in MEM Program.
- Minimum prerequisites, which must be completed by end of first MEM Fall term:
- Integrated Land Management Recommended prerequisites which must be completed by end of first MEM Fall term:
- one upper-level Ecology course
- one GIS course
- Sustainable Resilient Communities Recommended prerequisites which must be completed by end of first MEM Fall term:
- one course in Economics (Micro or Macro preferred)
- Financial Accounting
- Faculty Mentor may recommend further coursework or certifications for students to complete before Master’s Portfolio is due in Spring II, depending upon student career ambitions and professional career standards. Student will be notified of this as part of the admissions offer.
Rolling admissions process, between May and December 1.
A holistic package balancing academic excellence with leadership experience encouraged. Admissions packages must include:
- Academic transcripts showing a recommended 3.0 undergraduate GPA or above in relevant courses.
- A portfolio outlining environmental employment, leadership and volunteer experience.
- A statement of purpose describing the student’s intellectual and professional interests in environmental management.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or supervisors in related fields.
- If applying for the distance exception, please include a one page essay describing environmental leadership opportunities to be used as your home base for the MEM. Be sure to detail a.) how the opportunity enhances the MEM experience, b.) how it would contribute to the residential program.
EMAIL admissions materials to email@example.com.
Materials that are mailed should be sent to: Western State Colorado University, Extended University Studies, 600 N. Adams, Taylor 303, Gunnison, CO 81231. Fax: 970.943.7068