Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I complete a course evaluation?
A. You can find ALL course evaluations at http://www.western.edu/evaluate
Q: How do I learn to use the online tools and make sure that I am finding all the resources that I need to complete my assignments?
A: Watch this Online Learning Orientation/Tutorials on how the courses are structured and how to use the Blackboard tools
Q. How can I get assistance with technical difficulties that I am having with my online class tools?A. Contact the Western State Colorado University Student Helpdesk at 970-943-3333 or you can email them at email@example.com
Q. How can I get assistance with PD360?
A. Contact the School Improvement Network at 800-572-1153.
Summer On-Campus 2013 Resources:
- Agenda for Summer Session
- Post Licensure Agenda for Summer Session
- Licensure Year Students: PD 360 Subscription will be purchased, during Summer Session check in, for $95.
- Undergraduate Elementary Textbooks
- Undergraduate Secondary English Textbooks
- Undergraduate K12 Art, Music, Physical Education, Foreign Language Textbooks
- Undergraduate Secondary Math, Science, Social Studies Textbooks
- Graduate Elementary Textbooks
- Graduate Secondary English Textbooks
- Graduate K12 Art, Music, Physical Education, Foreign Language Textbooks
- Graduate CLD Textbooks
- Graduate Secondary Math, Science, Social Studies, Business Textbooks
- Graduate Special Education Textbooks
- Principal Textbooks
- Graduate Second Year Textbooks
- Signed Forms While On-Campus
Q: How to check course grades or print unofficial transcripts?
A: Grades can be accessed through your Inside Western account. Logon to Inside Western and go to "Students," "University Services/WOL.
Q: How to request official transcripts?
A: The information for how to request official transcripts can be found on the WSCU Registration Services website.
Q: How can I check my status for licensure with CDE licensure?
A: You can access your licensure status by going to the following link on the CDE websitehttps://edx.cde.state.co.us/PublicEducatorSearch/DOBSearch.jsp
Job Search Resources:
Q. Where are good places to look for education jobs in and out of the state of Colorado?
A. Here is a national website where you will find job fairs, job search resources, and education jobs - http://www.teachers-teachers.com/ (includes resume builder)
You can find job postings for teachers in Colorado at Teach In Colorado. org
Here are GREAT links to help you prepare for an interview:
- Applying for a Teaching job in a Tight Market, Part 1
- How to Give a Great Interview: Teacher Tell All
- Interviewing Tips and Strategies
- Interview Questions for Physical Education Jobs